Monday, August 9, 2010

This and That *** 5 weeks!

There were a few things about which I wanted to write. The first being a P.S. I wanted to add about that book ELSIE & MAIRI GO TO WAR. I just finished it a few days ago (it was wonderful, I really recommend it!) and the author lists her website in the end of the book. I looked at it and it is a fascinating website. And I really recommend that you look this up too:
http://www.dianeatkinson.co.uk/
Currently she is performing a sort of readers theater of the story of Elsie and Mairi with two Scottish actresses. She's also campaigning for a statue of Elsie and Mairi!

Secondly, I just got my address! I don't know my apartment number, but I have the address. Heather looked it up on Google street view, and it was pretty exciting looking at my future home - I mean flat!

Everyone seems to like my posts better when there is a picture, so since it was my birthday earlier this week, I'm including a picture of the beautiful portrait my friend Nick painted of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment