Friday, November 27, 2009

Some of my favorite Films & 41 weeks!

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving, and didn't eat as much as I did (Too Much)!

I'm hoping to find a really smashing list of Scottish movies, and have come up with a few - and please, suggest any that I have missed. Some of the best ones I could think of were:

  • The Three Lives of Thomasina (1964) one of my favorites from childhood
  • I Know Where I'm Going (1945) in which the ever charming Wendy Hiller discovers a passion for Scottish things (and Scottish fellows!)
  • Hamish Macbeth (1995) a hilarious and endearing series set in the Scottish Highlands
  • On a Clear Day (2005) a very good film about a man who swims the English Channel
  • Little Voice (1998) a rowdy yet endearing film
  • Dear Frankie (2004) a heartwarming film
  • Chariots of Fire (1981) some of it is in Scotland! And it's an amazing film
  • The Ghost Goes West (1935) I saw this years and years ago, I remember really loving it!
  • Ring of Bright Water (1969) SO depressing, but beautiful scenery!
  • Regeneration (or) Behind the Lines (1997) Most of it takes place in Scotland, and hey, it's about WW1 soldier poets!
  • Storm in a Teacup (1934) a delightful romp with Vivien Leigh and Rex Harrison!
  • The Water Horse (2007) Very sweet
  • Made of Honor (2008) a silly romp, part of which was filmed at Dunvegan!

So, I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the films I've seen and loved, and I'm sure I'm leaving out alot more! Please share your favorite Scottish films with me!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Frankie and On A Clear Day are both so good! I'll have to check out those others you listed.

    ReplyDelete