Monday, June 28, 2010

Astonishing! 11 Weeks

I find I often start my posts very late at night. I am not convinced that this is an advantage - probably my thoughts are fuzzy and ramble more this close to midnight. However, I wanted to sneak a post in this week so I wouldn't miss a week - there aren't that many left!

It is very remiss of me, I realized this past week, to not have written about the McCloud genealogy film that was part of a large genealogy program that involved President Eyring, the author David McCullough and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. How I wish I could have been present for such an exciting evening. Jared, bedecked in kilt and fancy jacket, played "Amazing Grace" and was joined by a stirring and beautiful arrangement of the choir singing the same song.

There is a link:
http://www.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/-a-celebration-of-family-history-delights-thousands-of-genealogy-enthusiasts


There is a picture of Jared, and also, if you click on the videos tab, the forth video is the McCloud family video. It's very exciting! As I said, I wish I could have been there, but the program, I know, was an unqualified success!

Also, someone who attended this wrote of it in their blog:
http://circlemending.blogspot.com/2010/04/music-family-history-and-unforgettable.html

Unforgettable indeed!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mairi! I watched the video on your family clan. How beautiful! And how fun that they filmed it in your house! I even feel a tiny bit part of it, naming our daughter after you. :-) I'm so happy your family got to participate and even be highlighted is such a wonderful celebration of genealogy!

    ReplyDelete