Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mairi Bheag! 14 weeks!





This past weekend, my dear friend Sarah, her husband Erik and their children Tommy and Mairi came to visit us. They came on Friday night and left Sunday evening. It was a delightful weekend, and so wonderful to see them all, and especially to meet "Little Mairi" (Tommy calls me "Big Mairi"). We didn't do much - just relaxed, took some walks, talked, etc. it was really perfect.

On Saturday night we watched a "Jeeves & Wooster" episode. Tommy got all excited and exclaimed "Jeeves and Wooster!" enthusiastically. In fact, I think he called our dog Wooster (his name is Rooster, which is a silly name for a Dalmatian). I think it was an improvement.

I hadn't realized how red Little Mairi's hair is. It's a beautiful, light, vibrant red. And she has dark blue eyes, and it's a lovely combination. She's such a good girl, too.

I'm so glad that Sarah, Erik and their family were willing and able to make the drive here. It was delightful having them.

2 comments: