Friday, January 8, 2010

Chicken Tikka Masala!


One of the greatest joys in life, to me, is Indian food. Six and a half years ago, when I was staying with my friend Navdeep, his parents asked me what my favorite dish was. My answer was "Chicken Tikka Masala". They smiled and told me that it wasn't really an Indian dish - it was an Anglo-Indian meal.


Just recently, though, I learned that it is widely believed that Chicken Tikka Masala originated in Glasgow! Incredible! No wonder a Scottish-Indian dish is my very favorite! (the photo shows Heather & myself with some of the Greene YW. We had an Indian activity back in the summer)

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you liked Indian food! We will have to make some when we get together. I have some amazing ones: Tarka Dahl (red lentil dish) and a chicken dish I can't remember the name of... So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were my best friend for a good reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to give credit to me for finding out about the Masala/Scotland connection. Love the pic, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, you are right! You deserve all the credit for discovering the Scottish connection. Thank you Morag!

    ReplyDelete