Thursday, January 14, 2010

Knitting and 34 Weeks!

How these weeks fly by! Tonight at Mutual, we taught the young women how to knit. That is to say, my councilor Jessica, and Katie taught the young women how to knit. Although I was taught to knit by my Gaelic teacher Donald Macdonald (see the website to your left, please!), I couldn't remember how to cast on, and I'm also left handed, so I was only good for moral support.

The reason I'm posting this is because it was my coat (sweater) of many colors that inspired this activity. I wore my sweater that my grandmother knitted to church one day and the girls pointed out to me that it contains almost all of the Young Women value colors. So, I tried to find all eight of the value colors (white, yellow, orange, red, purple, blue, green, gold) and we all started on a scarf of many colors! I started with red, and I'm already on to yellow. I'll post a picture of my scarf(and the sweater that inspired it) when I finish.

1 comment:

  1. What a good skill to learn! Currently I only knit washclothes and scarves, but my goal is a pair of stockings and a sweater! I can't wait to see your beautiful scarf. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete