Monday, March 29, 2010

Almost midnight! * 24 Weeks

I just realized that I only had a few more minutes to squeeze a post into this week before the clock strikes twelve! And so, here I am! What Scottish insights do I have for this week?

Well, I don't have much. It's been a busy and somewhat trying week. I won't elaborate at the moment (just to sound mysterious) but at times of trial can one not think of the legendary tale of Robert the Bruce and the spider? When he wanted to give up, hiding in a cave, after suffering altercations with the English, he observed a spider trying to spin its web in the difficult surroundings of the cave. This determined spider failed time and again, but persisted. Finally it succeeded. This gave Robert the courage to go on. He raised an army and fought against the English, and this time was successful. This is a legend, and therefore may never have happened. I like to think that it did happen. And in any case, it is a heartening story for anyone, and confirms the old adage: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it's been a rough week...hope things get better soon, Mairi!

    ReplyDelete