Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Eve Dinner

In my Christmas pudding apron!

I am always singing the praises of Michael's preparation of turkey, so I had to try to recreate it this Christmas. Mother very kindly bought all the dinner food, and we spent a few happy hours preparing the feast. Heather had sent me some stuffing mix for Thanksgiving which I hadn't used yet, and we stuffed the turkey with this - a good thing, as they were all out of stuffing stuff at the stores in Glasgow (except for strange sausage stuffings).

Winnie joined us for dinner and we had Christmas crackers and Christmas pudding and lambswool and all. Unfortunately, the lighting it on fire was anti-climactic as I didn't pour enough brandy on the pudding. Oh well. It was a lovely feast anyway, and Winnie and I exchanged gifts.
Our festive table.
"It IS good!" Turkey flavored with white wine, marmalade, honey, oranges & onions.

Winnie & mother.

Winnie & me.

Attempting to set the pud on fire.

Winnie demonstrating twisting up your hair with the chopsticks I gave her for Christmas.

My present from Winnie. I showed it to Tillie on Skype, and asked her what I should name it. She suggested the name Rosie. So Rosie it is!

1 comment: