Saturday, February 5, 2011

Preston Temple!!!


Sadly, it has been six months since my last trip to the temple, so you can imagine how much I was looking forward to this trip. I almost didn't want to mention it to anyone, in case something came up to prevent it from happening - or to prevent my being able to attend. But not so! It was so wonderful to go through the temple again, though I must confess I was a little overwhelmed by the largeness. Of course, as a youth I did baptisms in large temples, but I haven't done any endowment sessions - my only experience before now has been the lovely Palmyra temple.

But I did have a wonderful time, and afterwards enjoyed a delicious meal, and a trip to the nearby distribution center. A lovely, rainy, beautiful day!

My apologies for cutting the angel Moroni out of the picture. It was raining and I was trying to wield an umbrella and a camera, and stand back far enough to get - well - most of the temple in the frame.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm so glad you finally made it to the temple! It looks lovely,though perhaps a bit austere--almost castle-like (as Michael pointed out). Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a bit austere - the fact that it was raining added to that effect, which is somewhat castle-like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it really grey or is that just the rain making it look darker than it is?

    ReplyDelete