Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Temple Church and such

Still in London! My goodness, I hadn't realised I took so many pictures. I was able to get into the lane that leads to the Temple church, but it was locked after that, so getting out was rather more interesting and circuitous.
The beautiful doorway. I'm not sure, but I think it may be original, or if not, very early. And just for the record, I visited the Temple Church before The DaVinci Code became popular! So there!

Detail


Isn't this a lovely wee figure?

The Temple Church.

Meandering around trying to get out.


This put me strongly in mind of Eugene & Mortimer in OUR MUTUAL FRIEND.




The Thames


2 comments:

  1. Ah, London! And someday I'll get INSIDE Temple Church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel so proud of myself stumbling upon Temple Church all on my own (not even knowing what it was). Such a beautiful spot of London!!!

    ReplyDelete