Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Magpies in Glasgow

This is my desk, and my window,  which is at the back of my building

I'm here - safe and sound, more or less. I will put up some pictures of my apartment and immediate environs. The main gate is a thing of beauty, and looks like it's some Medieval entry gate to an exciting and different world - which I suppose it is.

For anyone who might wish to send me post, my address is as follows:

9 Southpark Terrace
Glasgow G12 8LG
Scotland

(I don't know if Scotland is sufficient? Does one put UK as well in the states? I'm uncertain)
This is the front entryway once you enter my building


I will be sure to keep posting to this blog, so don't give up looking!
Love to all!
This is the built in shelf in my apartment
Mairi

p.s. I am misquoting from one of my favourite poems: "The magpies in Picardy are more than I can tell..." And there are lovely magpies here in Glasgow, I have heard and seen them every day I've been here.
The view outside my window

6 comments:

  1. What gorgeous surroundings! I think you might have a hard time studying. It looks like you could use a few more books to fill up that bookcase! ;-)
    Good luck with the start of term!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love the new look to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! Thank you Sarah! Yes the shelves DO look sparse, don't they? I bought a book at the library, just because I felt lonely for books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we'll send you some books!! Lovely pictures! Mum and I are at the library now. Talk to you later

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new background! I'm excited about the pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I can't stop smiling...thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete