Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Embroidery: part two


I've begun a new project. It is a (much smaller) picture of St Mungo, Glasgow's Patron Saint. I drew a design fairly similar to my previous one, and then I lost the design, which on reflection, is a good thing. So I redrew it, and then after looking through some books on historical embroidery I modified that design a little more. And I've already begun embroidering!!!
My "first" design (after the lost one)

The embroidery that inspired me to change my design (I was nervous about the circle, so this not-quite circle really appealed to me).
My re-designed drawing.





The beginning!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, fabulous! I like the more almond shaped circle better too. I can't wait to see it finished. By the way, I just sent off a letter to you today! I hope you get it soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very nice...but something in me likes a circle :)

    ReplyDelete