Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Riverside Museum & Tall Ship

Well! When I first came to Glasgow, I was anxious to revisit the Transport Museum, but found, to my dismay, that it was closed! Not permanently, though. It was being moved to a new location - on the banks of the River Clyde! A couple weeks ago it reopened and a few days ago I went there - a pleasant walk of 20 to 25 minutes.
The New Riverside Museum!


Ooh! A tram!

On the side of the tram. Let Glasgow Flourish indeed!


An old Glasgow Subway map.

Inside an old Subway car.

A dress from the 1950's that really reminded me of Morag (something she would wear, rather!).


"Do you ever think, as the hearse rolls by..."

Lovely 1910's dress!

According to the box, this is an "exciting game and toy"!


WW1 era conductress uniform.

WW1 era tram.

1910's driving costume.


The Clyde

The Tall Ship (which is also VERY long!).

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You were right. I WOULD wear that dress!!! Could you steal that for me? I'll pay for shipping. Though, I wouldn't mind the 1910's dress, and the riding costume as well! And I just love "the dainty muff warmer!" That museum looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this place looks wonderful. I love those old trams--wish they still used them!!

    ReplyDelete