Monday, July 11, 2011

Gorbals

The Gorbals is an area of east Glasgow, south of the River Clyde. It is best known for its Irish community. It was this area where our McMurrin ancestors lived, worked and died. I went on Friday to see where Joseph McMurrin, our great-great-great grandfather was buried. These are some things I saw along the way.
This is on Gorbals St. an abandoned, boarded up building.

This likewise was an abandoned place - an old factory perhaps? It really intrigued me.



I love the blue doors.

3 comments:

  1. You've got to find out what that place was! It looks very intriguing! Gorbals--isn't it a fun word to say?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love these pics! I want to buy those abandoned buildings and fix them up and liven them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to know more about how you are related to Joseph McMurrin, since he is also my great great great grandfather. And I need more contact with my Irish/Scottish relatives. You can contact me at mrmcmath@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete