Friday, October 19, 2012

Rosslyn Chapel & Castle

I'm sorry it has been so long since I last posted. I was struck with a reluctance to do so, which is quite silly!

Last Saturday, I was invited to go to Rosslyn Chapel. A fellow that I met at the Perth branch in August asked me if I'd like to go along. He wanted to see the chapel as he was a big fan of "The Da Vinci Code". As I like going to historical places, I thought I might as well accept the offer of an outing.

Though, before going any further, I must state a few things first. I had been to Rosslyn Chapel before, eleven years ago with my mother, my aunt Dianne & our friend Celia. We went on the recommendation of my dad, and it had nothing to  do with the Da Vinci Code. Also, I still haven't read the book, or seen the film. 


One of the gargoyles. Last time I went, we took many pictures inside the chapel. Now you're not allowed to! It's a shame, as the interior is famously ornate and beautiful.

Darren outside the chapel.

Me, likewise outside the chapel.

The path leading to the ruined castle.

The Castle.

A glimpse of the house (probably 16th C.) which was built within the ruins of the castle.

A bench on the path.

The bench. I love that tree behind it!










After Rosslyn Chapel & Castle, we went to the Edinburgh Dungeons - a glorified spook alley incorporating Scottish history. It was great fun. It's odd, though. I've still never seen Edinburgh properly, I feel. I just have little brushes with it here and there. Well, some day.

The sunset as seen from the train on my way back to Glasgow.

1 comment:

  1. Rossyln is really beautiful on the outside--I don't remember seeing the exterior. I do remember your photos of the interior--and how sad that you can't take photos anymore--probably have the DaVinci Code to thank for that :)
    The castle is great, too. I love that bench by the bridge and the big tree--how picturesque.

    ReplyDelete