Tuesday, October 27, 2009

H V Morton again!

Yesterday a large box came in the post for me! A box from Utah, which had a lot of my old books and things in it - mostly books. Among them was In Scotland Again, H V Morton's companion volume to In Search of Scotland. Oh, what a thrill! I think, now, that I have most my Morton books with me, which is a relief. One never knows when the need may arise to consult one of these marvellous books. I am determined to make both the recipes Morton includes in these books: Scotch Broth and Friars Chicken. I'll report the results when I get around to cooking them.

3 comments:

  1. Lets hope you don't have to bone a duck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I hope not! But the Friar's Chicken recipe is very strange: it calls for "knuckle of veal" Now where in the world am I going to find that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a small steer perhaps?
    Peter xx

    ReplyDelete