Thursday, October 15, 2009

Remembering Scotland


As may be imagined, I have been steeping myself in all things Scottish lately. I was in the car with Katie last night, and she was listening to the radio. She ran into the library to get something from Heather and she told me I could plug in my ipod (oh, thanks, Katie). So I did, and I put on - guess what? - The Corries. When she got back into the car she said, "This isn't quite what I had in mind."


So, I thought I'd add a picture to this blog. I found my pictures from my last trip to Scotland (2003: six years ago!). I thought I'd scan in my picture with Ronnie Browne (of Corries fame), and was remembering the hilarious circumstances in which I first met him. My mother and sisters Heather and Morag had already met him before, and mother had his address and phone number, which I took with me to Glasgow. Only I didn't call him, as I am prone to being shy of telephones. So what do I do? I get up one fine morning, take the train to Edinburgh and call him outside the train station! Nice warning, eh? He and his wife Pat were running errends, but they very graciously invited me along. I took a taxi to their beautiful home, then drove with them to a nursury (they bought a tree? I don't remember exactly). We ran a few other places, and then they treated me to lunch! After which they drove around Edinburgh a bit, showing me interesting sights (like the pub where Ronnie had his first drink!). Then we drove up by Arthur's seat, and after that they drove me back to the train station. They were so good and kind, and both kissed me before they left. What a wonderful memory!


The scan didn't come out that well, but...it's better than nothing. Here 'tis.

No comments:

Post a Comment