Saturday, March 12, 2011

The "GG" Concert!


Last night was the Glasgow Gaelic Musical Association (known as the GG) annual concert. It was SO amazing (if I do say so myself!). Singing in Gaelic is always a joy, but when all our voices lift together, it's quite exhilarating. Two of my friends came: Winnie and Laura - the girl that I do the Gaelic singing group at uni with.

It wasn't till this morning that I realised that yesterday marked my 6 month anniversary of living in Scotland. What a fabulous way to celebrate! The video clip is of a song called "Smeòrach Chlann Dòmhnaill" in which the poet likens himself to a thrush (or mavis). It is one of my favourites!
Practising a couple of songs before the concert.

...well, I'll try the video later. I've tried uploading it twice - the second time it was loading for almost an hour and a half, and still didn't load. Hopefully soon I can put it up on my blog!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I SOOO wish I could have been there to hear you sing!! Maybe next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, despite the 10 hour singing, I am pretty jealous of you. Singing in a chorus is one of my favorite things in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete