Monday, March 7, 2011

YSA Celtic Convention



Winnie talked Elder Nield into donning his kilt for the ceilidh! We were all surprised!
I always have mixed feelings about YSA Conventions. I think this is the fourth I have attended (the GAG - "Gathering at the Grove" in Palmyra, and two "Feb Con"s - conventions that took place in Cornell). I think I feel a little bit older at each one (as, indeed, I AM a little bit older) and as far as a venue for meeting a non-existant husband, it was about as effective as the others. However, as a place to hang out with friends and eat too much food and enjoy Ceilidh dancing, it was quite fun.
The Photo Scavenger Hunt: 2 of the Elders (part of missionary couples) playing their instruments in the Botanic Gardens - and one of them is a baritone uke!
Becky (Scot Snee's cousin) standing by the police box!


Can you spot the four be-kilted fellows in this photo? There were a few others as well!

Here's another go at a video. I know the last one I put up was too dark, but this one should work. A wee clip of a Ceilidh dance:



                                         

2 comments:

  1. What a lively bunch! I wish we had ceilidhs here! And men in kilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to Heather! I sure miss a good ceilidh! Even if future husbands were a bit thin on the ground at least there were men in kilts AND they could dance a good fling! I'm a little bit envious. :-)

    ReplyDelete