Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Dundee Ball


Mother very bravely drove us to Dundee. Riding beside her, I remembered how stressful driving is! I don't miss it at all! Plus she's driving standard. . . there was construction and too many roundabouts, and we (Winnie & Denise were riding in the back) had to stop for directions SEVERAL times! But we made it to Dundee about an hour late, and the dance was very nice.

The infamous Elder Snee was there, and he was very excited to show off his 3 PIECE SUIT! Haha! He bought it just for Dylan, though it cost £20 more!
The live band, and the Scottish YSA dancing.

They had quite a spread at the Dundee Ball.

Mother, me and Scott Snee in his 3 piece suit!
The live band was very good. They sang new songs like "I've got a feeling" (Blackeyed Peas), plus Abba songs, 80's songs, etc. At one point, though, they asked if anyone wanted a Scottish dance. The whole room cheered. So they did one Scottish dance, and I danced with Elder, I mean, Scott Snee. He was very friendly and said "I can't wait to write to Dylan!"

Winnie and me at the dance.
I tried loading a wee video of the dance. I HOPE IT WORKS!!!! Let me know. 

2 comments:

  1. The Dundee Ball--that sounds so exciting, or like something out of Jane Austen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lovely time! A live band?! How wonderful! The one dance I went to in London, the DJ was terrible - he only played rap and R&B and when I asked for ABBA's "Dancing Queen" he said he didn't have it and if he did, everyone would walk out if he played it. Oh PLEASE!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete