Wednesday, December 1, 2010

To buy a Christmas Tree!

Today I just couldn't wait any longer. I had to have a tree! So I went down to the corner of Great George Street and Byres Road where they have a little stall selling trees, and I bought one (it was shamefully expensive, so I won't tell you how expensive!)
When the fellow selling the trees had wrapped it all up (and put a stand on it! Yay!) he asked me where my car was. "Oh!" I said blithely, "I'm walking!" He looked a little surprised by this declaration and said, "Em, let me take you in my van." So, he drove me to my flat (very close to it, in any case. It's hard to get to the street on account of one-way roads). So that was a blessing indeed. I think it would have been an awkward and troublesome burden the ten minutes it would have taken me to walk home.
I wore my santa hat today to be extra festive. I got lots of compliments on it, actually!
My lovely tree - a Fraser Fir
Here it is bedecked with little red lights!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, Mairi! It looks beautiful--and so do you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mairi! Your tree is beautiful! I am so happy you took the time (and money!) to get it! Love and miss you. xoxo Beccah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a brilliant story! Where is your car? Love it! And I also love your tree!

    ReplyDelete