Monday, December 6, 2010

Hannukah and Advent

I have only lit my menorah once so far (I was a little paranoid about setting off the smoke alarm) but all was well, and the candles looked so beautiful!
Also, last night was the 2nd night of Advent. I went to a REALLY amazing advent concert at 7:30. The group is called The Madrigirls that was formed at the university ten years ago. They sang a lot of medieval songs, it was glorious. When I came home I had advent with Heather, Michael and Katie via Skype, which was very nice.
My favorite thing about the advent candles is seeing them grow short. So I  made a shorter candle!
Some more of my X-mas decorations

4 comments:

  1. The menorah is so pretty. And I love your idea of the advent! My mom did an advent wreath when we were younger, but we were so distracted by the actual candles that we didn't absorb very much of the scripture part. I think your idea with felt is fabulous and the perfect way to do it with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Linus! And when I was in choir at Meridian, we were call the Meridian Madrigals. I think we were probably better than those guys!

    ReplyDelete