Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rothesay Adventures

The last time I was in Rothesay it was June, and rather warm (my Glaswegian companions were finding the 70 degrees Fahrenheit too hot!). It was very beautiful to see it covered in snow. I did not have a repeat performance of the "wee black glasses" incident, but I think once was enough for that anyway!

We tramped around the ruined castle quite a bit, and visited the library and the museum, both of which were very interesting. We ended our excursion with a visit to St Mary's Chapel up the road a ways. It was a lovely day.

In transit - mother and I on the ferry.
Of course we visited 21 Russell Street, where our ancestors lived.
I am thinking, "Ah, ruins!"
The Chapel Royal within the castle.
A family tradition. When Heather and mother came to Rothesay 25 years ago a picture of mother  in the huge fireplace was taken. When I visited Rothesay 7 years ago, I had a similar picture taken. So, we did it again! 
Me too.
Mother in the courtyard of the castle.

2 comments:

  1. Mother looks so cute in that glasgow uni hat! And that fireplace hasn't changed a bit in 25 years! :)
    Awesome pictures--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mairi, this is all so great! Im glad you are having such a good time- thanks for the pictures.
    -Nick

    ReplyDelete