Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Domestic Forays

Last week I had an Enchanted April party. I got this from Heather, who every year, invites close female friends over to munch on snacks and watch the very beautiful film Enchanted April. I will say, that the evening went very well. I invited three friends: Patsy (who makes amazing, huge, delicious dinners every fast Sunday for the YSA and young marrieds), her sister-in-law Becca (who spins wool like a dream!) and Rachel. We relaxed, talked, watched the movie and all round had a lovely time.

I made my ginger molasses cookies for the event, and even frosted them. The next day I had lots of left-overs (as it makes an ENORMOUS batch) and I decided to make them into sandwich cookies. They turned out very well. I took some into work and everyone sampled them and liked them. I took a picture:
Then, today, just for fun, I took another food picture. I made salmon cakes (with lovely Tesco Italian herbs!) and had them with brussels sprouts and basmati rice. And here is how it looked:
I don't know that this looks all that picturesque, but the dish was tasty!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy, yummy! They both look very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! If only I could have a never-ending supply of your cookies!!! And I've never tried them frosted before. I'm sure it's delicioso!

    ReplyDelete