Thursday, April 28, 2011

Last School group at the Hunterian!

Today was my last opportunity of volunteering at the museum with the school groups. Another girl specifically asked to do the wool, so I did wood drilling instead! I don't know if I've ever done this before. But it was a good group - talkative and interested, so that was good. I couldn't have my picture taken with the children, but Jill, the woman running the program, took my picture afterwards. (There's a small bit of wood secured in the larger wood contraption on the table. a stick with a metal tip is held down while one rubs a bow (strung with leather and wrapped around the stick) back and forth. This eventually creates a hole in the wood. A similar process is used for stone drilling, which is another of the activities that we did at the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment