Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Maybe it's something to do with Spring!

This past Saturday, I wandered about town, walking from my flat to Partick, and back again. It was such a glorious day! The sun was shining and temperatures were in the 60's. The earth and the pavement gave off that lovely warm smell. I was wearing a corduroy skirt and was far too warm (I was wearing flip-flops though!). Spring can be so glorious - warm and pleasant and lively, but not too hot (I'm hoping Glaswegian summers will be much the same thing!)

The lovely narcissus, a delicate relation of the daffodil (though technically, I think, they're all in the narcissus family)

Detail on St Bride's church, Hyndland Rd. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blossoming trees. I'm so glad you walk around Glasgow and share it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I haven't seen a single blossoming bulb here in the desert. It's pretty depressing!

    ReplyDelete