Saturday, May 5, 2012

Walking down the Road

Before I left New York, our friend Todd Messinger did a photo-shoot for us - of Heather, Katie and myself. One of the pictures from the shoot shows us walking down Water Street towards the derelict mill at the corner of Water Street and Route 41.

When Alice (Rachel's younger sister) emailed me some recent pictures of herself and her mother, one of them reminded me of the picture of the three of us, and so I asked her if I could use it in a post (she said yes).

There seems to be something picturesque and contemplative about the images of women walking down the road together - connected, yet separate. We will all go our separate ways (Heather, Katie, Alice, Shonaidh and myself) yet we stay connected, linked together through our relationship as sisters, daughters and friends. Oh, dear. This does sound cheesy.

My apologies.

Heather, Katie and myself.

Shonaidh and Alice.

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound cheesy--it's beautiful!! And so true. I'm so glad that you're my sister and friend! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete