Thursday, November 4, 2010

Glasgow Green & good-bye to Halloween

I forgot I had some more pictures! Yay! Last Saturday I met up with my friend Rachel and we had lunch on the Glasgow Green and then went to a performance at the Brittania Panopticon. Here is the Glasgow Green - a piece of land that has been common for hundreds of years. It is famous as a place that Glaswegian women used to wash their linen - I think Dorothy Wordsworth comments on it in her Scottish journal.
People's Palace

At the Panopticon there was quite a jolly performance (done in a circa 1910 style) with "magic" acts and the like. Amazingly, though I sat near the back, I was called onto the stage to participate in a witch "execution" by electric knife (perhaps not strictly 1910). I was the witch! Too bad there are no pictures!
This display was outside a shop. I thought it was quite lovely!


I walk along Great Western Road quite often, but only recently noticed a few of these outside the doors of the shops. I am assuming they were for scraping boots? I think they are very interesting!


1 comment: