Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Abroad

Today has been a fabulous Thanksgiving. I was afraid that I wouldn't feel very festive today, being outside America, but it has been very festive indeed! To begin with, I had a Thanksgiving card yesterday from mother, and today I had:
a card from Heather, Michael and Katie
a package from Heather
a package from Nick!
I opened all these delights with quite a lot of glee. In Heather's package were Thanksgiving crackers!


And this evening, Winnie and I had a little Thanksgiving celebration together - I made Mexican Casserole, and she bought grapes and a lovely cranberry-rasperry juice and we opened our crackers and had a jolly time. There were three crackers from Heather, and I gave the third to Asuman, my other flat-mate, though I don't think she'd encountered crackers before.
Here are the pictures of our feast:
The Mexican casserole. It DID have turkey meat, so that's not too far off....?
Thanksgiving crackers with the usual hat, game and joke. But these had confetti as well!
Here is a glimpse of our kitchen (Heather keeps asking for a picture of it, and I keep forgetting to take one!
Winnie with her hat! Another (wee) glimpse of the kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment