Thursday, August 4, 2011

Birthday Revelling Continued

After lunch, I met up with Rachel who was in Glasgow for a doctors appointment. Nothando came along to see Rachel as well, and we went to our new flat so that Rachel could sign the lease and so on. Nothando left after this, and Rachel and I went to my old flat to get ready for Becca & Patsy to join us. Becca came a little early and she had a lovely present for me (Rachel had brought me a large, beautiful sunflower!). Patsy, I knew, was making me a cake, but she brought me a present as well! We had such a lovely time. We ordered pizza (Beccah & Patsy insisted on paying!) and we just talked. It was so much fun! Patsy is a very funny lady, and she always makes me laugh. And I love the kind of conversations that can be serious and funny at the same time.

All day long I was in the company of friends, and I felt so loved, and not at all lonely or sad. I was able to say 'hello' to some family & friends on Skype on my birthday, so that was nice too. It was a super wonderful birthday!

My Patsy cake! The top had split en route, which bothered her, but I still thought it looked beautiful! She brought candles as well!

Blowing out the candles (see my lovely sunflower on my messy desk?)


The nice birthday cards I got from family & friends. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry my card wasn't there on time :(
    Your Patsy cake is really beautiful--it looks like it was meant to be split into thirds, really! I'm so glad that you have lovely friends there to celebrate with you. I'm so glad that you have a real home there in Glasgow! Happy Birthday Mairi! I love you!

    ReplyDelete