Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Paisley!

A few weeks back I met up with some of the sister missionaries in the stake. We met up in Dalry (a place I had never heard of) and on the way I realised that Paisley was just one stop out from Glasgow Central, about a ten minute journey. So I resolved to become better acquainted with the place that produced those lovely shawls.

The first major thing I noticed, after leaving the station and walking towards the high street, was a WW1 memorial. In my trip to the UK in 2001, I certainly saw a lot of war memorials. This one is pretty unique, and, I thought, quite striking.

A medieval knight, flanked by WW1 soldiers.




This was actually on my way home. A seagull perched on the head of the horse!

3 comments:

  1. No freaking way!!! That statue is AMAZING!!!! It kind of leaves me speechless! Best war memorial I think I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Morag, this statue sort of blew me away too! Thank you for posting the photo Mairi! I simply CANNOT WAIT to come see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Morag---No freaking way!! You need you find out more about the designer/sculptor of that memorial. Absolutely amazing--so unique.

    ReplyDelete