Friday, August 5, 2011

A Room with a View...

My new flat! It's a lovely place. I have yet to take pictures of the hall, the livingroom, the kitchen and so on, but I do have pics of my room. The flat is large and some of the rooms have wooden floors (my room does too, but it's covered with blue carpet, unfortunately!). It's a great improvement over my student flat and it's cheaper too!
I'm up on the 3rd floor, so I *do* have a nice view!

To quote Noel Coward, "We'll watch the whole world pass before us, while we are sitting still, leaning on our own windowsill..."

My double bed! Ooh!

Another built-in bookshelf! Yay!!!

My desk.

My embroidery above my bed. I needed something large-ish to hang there.

My closet & mirror & radiator & YES a silent butler! Being a child of Jim I was inordinately pleased to find that my room possessed a silent butler!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, wonderful! I think I need to listen to some Noel Coward. I'm so happy that you found a good flat! (Have you told Daddy about the silent butler?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mairi Darling! I love your new flat! Can't wait to come visit you and see it in person. Thanks for posting pics for us to see. Miss you and love you! B

    ReplyDelete