Thursday, August 4, 2011

Birthdays, birthdays, oh what fun!

My first birthday, not only sans any family members, but overseas as well! I worked in the morning, which I really didn't mind. The ladies at 'The Chip' bought some wee cakes for the occasion. When I told Netta (one of the 'head honchos' as I call them) how old I was turning, these were her words of advice: "Your biological clock is ticking! You'd better find yourself a man."

After work, I cleaned myself up and went down the road to a restaurant called Persia. I walk by this place constantly and the food and the dessert look so amazing, so I thought I'd use my birthday as an excuse to try it out. I invited the FHE gang: the Chinese members and Nothando (who is from Zimbabwe). I showed up right at noon, and as it was raining, I went inside to wait. I was seized by one of my strange fancies and I was sure that no on would come. But they did - they were all just late. Winnie & Nothando slept in, and Alison & Tony got lost. But they came! Yay! And we had a very lovely meal.

The exotic meal: saffron rice, chicken shish kebabs, lamb and baby auburgine stew, etc.

Left to right: Tony, myself, Alison & Winnie.

Left to Right: Nothando, Winnie, Tony & myself.

Dessert! Cheesecake (which all Chinese folks seem to LOVE) and a Napoleon.

2 comments:

  1. Birthdays, Birthdays, Have Another One!! (are those even the words? that's how I remember it, at least)
    Looks like you had some yummy food, and good company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely looking restaurant! Many Happy Returns, dear friend! I'm glad your friends came. :-)

    ReplyDelete