Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dunnottar: leaving the castle


I walked down to the pebbly beach.


To my right there seemed to be a sort-of cave. I gingerly stepped across the pebbles to get a closer look.

The mouth of the cave. This is as close as I got. I was overcome with a sense of fear and dread, and felt that if I took one step into the cave I'd be swallowed up entirely. So I peered in, turned around and climbed back up the hill.


Walking into the village.

This picture hung in the local museum. I love to think of people in a past age dressing up in an even earlier age! 


Just happened to walk by this place. This plaque was on the house pictured below.



Millinery*Outfitting*Costumes.
Brilliant!

Waiting for the train back to Glasgow.

2 comments:

  1. I am so intrigued by that pebbly beach, and the clear water!! And the spooky sea caves!

    ReplyDelete