Saturday, October 30, 2010

Autumn in University Gardens


There is something romantic about University Gardens. It is a small road of Victorian (?) row houses which are used now for departments and classes. A fellow Gaelic student told me that in the Scottish Literature buildings Sir Walter Scott (I think it was Scott) wrote one of his novels! I have my Gaelic class in one of them, and my other two classes are not in the Gardens, but are very close by. Here are some things I see every day:
This could be a crow or a magpie nest. The nests are very similar

A maple tree, I believe

2 comments:

  1. I never was interested in going to Glasgow, but with your lovely pictures, I'm convinced I have to now! (especially if you're still there!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nest and the chimney pots--what a wonderful picture

    ReplyDelete