Friday, October 8, 2010

Halloween in the UK

I always thought it ironic (and of course, rather sad!) that they didn't really celebrate Halloween in the UK. I think of it as such a "Celtic" and pagan holiday, originating in Scotland and environs, that it seemed strange that it was only a popular holiday in America.

I think in recent years, largely due to American influence, it is trickling back into the UK. I bought these today - I couldn't resist! Only I have no idea what "cinder" toffee is!

2 comments:

  1. It is sad isn't it, especially with their centuries old cemeteries! My friend tried to throw a Halloween party over there and almost no one came. Those cinder toffee bars look intriguing!
    (By the way, have you seen the new Harry Potter 7 trailers??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do they taste--that's what I want to know!?

    ReplyDelete