Friday, October 22, 2010

If you get scared, we can always hold hands...

...I have a box of them in the cupboard.

This selection of a painting by Breugel the elder was a favorite of mine as a child

Something else that I loved as a child was a Halloween poem. When I moved to NY I learned from the Mason's that it was a song as well. Now it is something I always sing at Halloween:
Have you seen the ghost of John
Long white bones with the flesh all gone
Ooooh
Wouldn't it be chilly with no skin on?


3 comments:

  1. Doesn't every young child love Breugel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not, nor have I ever been a huge Breugel fan. Though I completely respect him as an artist because he was so completely unique. But he must have really been a miserable guy. I'll bet he had hands in his cupboard too!

    ReplyDelete