Friday, October 1, 2010

Sunshine on Leith

Last night I went to see a musical, in a beautiful old theatre called The King's Theatre. This musical featured songs by the Scottish group The Proclaimers and starred Billy Boyd (of Lord of the Rings & Master and Commander fame). It was very good! I really enjoyed the performance, and the use they made of the songs was very interesting. It was also very Scottish, which was, of course, great!
The audience reacted very well to the song "Life with you" (which, I confess, is one of my favorites) and at the very end of the play they sang the famous "500 Miles" song, which everyone started clapping to. The cast then encouraged us to sing along with them. It was a fabulous ending.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Billy Boyd! What a fun actor to go and see! I'm glad you enjoyed it so well. :-)

    ReplyDelete