Saturday, September 10, 2011

Big cloud tumbling high: The road to Finlaggan


On my last day Laura suggested I visit Finlaggan. This was an excellent notion. She dropped me off at a bus stop on her way to work and I proceeded to Finalaggan. This sign was at the side of the road, and to get to the actual site was a walk of about a mile or so.
I thought this sign was quite lovely, and once again it was nice to see it in Gaelic & English!

Heather!

Cows. I was thinking of Dorothy Wordsworth, who feared cows and would delay or detour a walk if she encountered any.




Sheep, and ruins in the distance.



See the wee bird on the wall?

There's a saucy rabbit to the left in this picture.

1 comment:

  1. Cute bunny! And the heather is lovely! (of course) What nice ramblings you had there--put Dorothy Wordsworth to shame :)

    ReplyDelete