Saturday, September 3, 2011

How the gulls are pillaging the town

I had this past Thursday and Friday off, so on Wednesday morning, I decided I'd go visit my friend Laura in Islay. For most of the bus journey to Kennacraig, I was moving through familiar territory - as I had been to Kilmartin twice before. And as far as Lochgilphead the route was the same. Where one would turn right to go to Kilmartin, we instead turned left to Kennacraig. Before we reached this wee village, however, we had a 5 minute stop in Inveraray. I was very glad of this chance to get out and take a few pictures: of the war memorial (of course!) and of juvenile seagulls and such.
Isn't this a lovely gull?


Another sea bird, possibly a kind of gull (click on the picture to make it big so you can see it better!)

The war memorial

The sentiments expressed here seemed sweeter to me than many that one comes across.

Picturesque boats on the loch.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting! Can't wait to talk to you! That war memorial is so sad -- "young, loved, lamented". It breaks your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The setting of that war memorial is absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete