Monday, September 19, 2011

Walking back & the Finlaggan visitors centre

The black, sinister water surrounding the causeway, to and from the Eilean Mòr. It put me strongly in mind of a mythical character that used to frighten me as a child - Jenny Greenteeth (although *I* always called her Jenny Greensleeves). Even though I lived in a desert, I was always afraid she'd come out from somewhere and get me!
This is the very picture I used to stare at as a child, and which filled me with such fear. Really, the picture says it all. Jenny Greensleeves (as I shall always call her) lives in ponds and lakes and murky waters waiting to grab the ankles of unsuspecting children and pull them to their death!

Back on dry land! A wee stream running beside the path.


Isn't this smashing? A reproduction of the tunics worn by all those fabulous Medieval knights in the grave slabs!


On of many various abandoned buildings and foundations seen on my walk back to the main road.



2 comments:

  1. Was the black water sea water? Just wondering - as the water around Dunvegan is very black and glassy.
    Ooh, Jenny Greensomething! Funny how you got the name mixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mairi! I always thought she was Jenny Greensleeves as well!!!!! I love this place! It looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete