Friday, September 14, 2012

Odds & Ends & Good-bye

I'm actually wrapping up as concerns my field school! I must just say that we had a barbecue the night that we backfilled at Castle Craig, and it was thrilling - mostly because they served us WILD BOAR meat!!! Can you believe it?! I felt so grand and medieval (and you can bet 'The Boar's Head Carol' was running through my mind). They had burgers and sausages, and the meat was flavourful and delicious - and not at all like pork (which is good, as I'm not that keen on pork). Really a fabulous experience. 

Most of the rest of my pictures are from the boarding-school where we stayed - signs up in the accommodation, which, since it was called the Simpson House, used Simpson's themed signs. 

The last picture is one of the most intriguing - a memorial to a witch burned in Dunning in the 1600s. Maggie Wall is shrouded with mystery, and no one really knows why this was erected. 

That's me finished with the field school! Enjoy!

I passed this every day in the hallway.

The door to my room.

How would you like THIS school schedule?



The monument to Maggie Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment