Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sanquhar: Part Three

Oh, yes! There's more. You would think, after the 50 pictures I posted of the castle, that I couldn't manage anything else!


A beautiful tree in the extended grounds of the castle.

An intriguing plaque in a wall near the road.



A close-up of the tree.


A sign-post (with the castle in the background)




A stile! 


The Town Hall, in which was a small museum.

This reads, "enclosed a wee sprig o heather from the dear auld hills o Gallowa"
It was from a girl to her sweetheart who was fighting in the 1st World War. He did not survive, but the sprig of heather did.

This, my friends, is a moustache cup!

A spindle-whorl

1 comment:

  1. Wow-what a fabulous post. I LOVE: the ram, the amazing tree, the stile!! I can't quite make out all the words on the plaque--something about Clyde and blackfaced craig. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete